October 11, 2013
Online Higher Education Learning Initiatives
KULPER Advisory Board member, Jaime Robertson Lavalle founder and managing director of Zermatt Dusk ( a growth strategy and leadership development consultancy), has been helping us hone the marketing and strategic positioning for KULPER & COMPANY. Jaime always talks about the importance of keeping our message clear and focused; he is an HBS grad with an excellent ability to see a clear pathway to strategic goals.
Because KULPER & COMPANY is focused on working with engineering, science & business universities as well as companies engaged in continuous innovation and product development, we think that our findings about online higher education will prove useful to clients and prospects in our primary markets.
We have become increasingly aware of the threats to the traditional models of delivering higher education; Clay Christensen’s book, The Innovative University, is a call to action for universities to recognize the clear and present threats that are already disrupting established ways of delivering high education at our most treasured institutions. It is the aim of KULPER & COMPANY to help our clients creatively respond to these potentially disruptive threats by attracting the right new leaders.
Significant disruptions to the traditional higher education model have moved the needle. The results are astonishing; universities that were on the verge of financial distress have turned themselves around and are now thriving. Moreover, students are becoming better prepared to enter the workplace and succeed.
If your university or college is wrestling with how best to move your current distance learning and online higher education forward as a way to improve upon pedagogy, student enrollment, faculty satisfaction and financial security this blog will prove helpful to you.
We are seeking answers to the following questions about Online Higher Education Learning Initiatives:
• Which universities are currently delivering the best online learning programs? Which online university distance education programs are positively impacting university profitability, sustainability and why?
• For AITU and AAU member universities–a key market segment for KULPER & COMPANY— which online learning programs are most successful and why?
• How will successful (sustainable and profitable) online education offerings continue to evolve and develop over the next 5 years?
• What does an effective online learning implementation and operational plan include and why? Which companies are providing the best online delivery platforms and why?
• Who are the top online distance/learning Deans and Directors right now and who promise to become the best?
As we gather this information I will provide summary findings in this blog so that our clients and prospects will benefit from our efforts.
I will be very interested in your comments, questions and ideas.
Keith D. Kulper