Fairleigh Dickinson University
The new Dean will be a key member of the executive team of Fairleigh Dickinson University, responsible for leading the long-term development and successful operation of the Samuel J. Silberman College of Business (SCB). The College is poised for significant transformation, within a University that has dramatically redefined itself in the past decade. The position provides a significant opportunity for creative and effective leadership within a prime market for business education.
The job is located in northern New Jersey, which is one of the most dynamic and important business education centers in the country and in the world. New Jersey is a historic center for innovation and is among the most concentrated regions of corporate activity in the nation and worldwide. The Silberman College currently offers a broad based curriculum, including undergraduate, MBA and MS in Taxation programs. The goal now is to consolidate its accomplishments and lead the Silberman College toward becoming a distinctive leader in global business education.
Energetic, positive and accomplished candidates familiar with AACSB are invited to apply to become the Dean entrusted with this unique opportunity.
- Increase student enrollment by developing the competitiveness of College programs, especially at the undergraduate level. Drive a steady 10 percent annual increase in program enrollments over the next several years across core undergraduate, MS and MBA programs.
- Maintain AACSB accreditation.
- Continually seek opportunities to enhance and review existing programs, using
- evidence-based systems.
- Develop an assessment culture within the College.
- Create high-performance management teams.
- Attract and hire competitive faculty. • Establish baseline constituency satisfaction levels and work to increase them
- over time.
- Meet regularly with key alumni, the College advisory board, corporate partners
- and other supporters to increase vital financial support for the SCB and the
- University as a whole.
- Endorse and promote the University’s global perspective and its mission to
- prepare world citizens who can participate, lead and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture. Develop new internationally oriented programs that will align with that mission.
- Understand and work well with University faculty governance policies.
- Effectively work with all levels of faculty to support their research and teaching
- Establish meaningful and substantive joint programs with key international
- universities, leading to mutually supportive contexts for global learning.
- Be an inspiring leader who will have and will be able to articulate a vision of
- College success and be able to maintain focus on the fulfillment of that vision.
- Terminal degree in Business or a related discipline. Ph.D. a plus. 10+ years of academic leadership experience (Dean, Associate Dean or
- Department Head)
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with the AACSB accreditation
- Record of international experience in business or international business
- Strong personal record of academic achievement evidenced through peer
- reviewed publication and association activities. Eligible for rank of
- Practiced in organizational development.
- Proven record of developing healthy working relationships with external
- constituencies especially related to fundraising.
- Track record of creative problem solving. Corporate experience is a plus.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English a plus.
- Highly skilled and effective at making presentations to key constituency
- groups or "one to one".
FDU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer