Higher Education Institution
A new Director, Institutional Research is being sought at this time who will act as the key focal point for collecting, analyzing and supplying data about the Institute as well as advising colleagues on the best way to handle responses to requests for information. This is a key position since it is the funnel point for providing data and analyses to senior administrators and others in support of strategic policy development, supporting accreditation self-studies and providing information about the University to external agencies.
- Maintaining and better organizing the current repository of Data Bases as well as developing new databases.
- Contributing to the survey research process including design, administration, processing, analysis and reporting
- Contributing to the development and use of the Institute's centralized information system
- Creating and maintaining a web page that in essence will act in part as a "Help Desk" with respect to responding for requests for data from various outside parties and agencies that will be handled directly by Institute Program Directors, Deans or senior faculty members.
- Make it much easier for colleagues to access existing information about the Insitutute as well as new data that will be organized by the Director, Institutional Research.
- 4+ years experience institutional research/planning--preferably in Higher Education
- Solid knowledge of the institutional research field particularly with respect to responding to requests involving IPEDS, Middle States Annual Institutional Profile, AITU, NSF/NIH, ASEE and such high profile organizations as US NEWS & World Report who base their ranking of the University in great degree on information that will be submitted by the Director.
- Knowledge of Statistical concepts
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using basic statistical techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with visual presentation of data
- Proficiency with database software--(with focus on statistical analysis tools)-- commonly utilized by Universities and other Instititutions to gather, analyze and present data base findings
- Solid facility with spreadsheet, word processing and graphical Database software packages commonly utilized by Universities and other Institutions as well as the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Frontpage)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Proven ability to work under tight deadlines while juggling multiple priorities.
- Graduate Degree preferred
- Team player but with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, recommend the right course of action and to work with little supervision
- A willingness to provide guidance and advice to professors and Deans who must directly respond to "ad-hoc" requests for information from outside agencies or organizations. Will interact with colleagues throughout the Institute as well as with organizations requesting information about the University. Will also process information supplied to the University.
- Pleasant manner; upbeat personality demonstrating curiosity, intellectual capacity and commitment to fully accomplishing broadly defined goals and objectives of the job.
More information about this position will be provided to qualified candidates by KULPER & COMPANY, LLC.
Interested candidates should SEND their resume in WORD doc. format to email@example.com
This is an Equal Opportunity Employment Offering subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the client.